Saturday, June 27, 2015

My SOS (and why we need each other...)

I sent out an SOS a week ago and another one or two (or was it three?) this week. Because I need help and I’m learning the art of community and leaning into community. It doesn’t come natural for most of us because we think we can do it all ourselves. 

But this week - I can’t. I can’t even pretend to. 

We’re moving and we are in over our heads with projects and packing and cleaning and I will DIE if I don’t have help - or at the very least I’ll go crazy.  

(Just look at the state of my kitchen. This is where I write to you from. What a mess, everywhere. Literally, my WHOLE HOUSE looks like this. Insane)


And you know what my people did? They showed up. 

They took my girls for an afternoon of playing and sleepovers, they brought meals, they came over to clean and install flooring and paint and all sort of not-so-fun-things because my people love me and I love them. I’ll never pretend to deserve the grace and love we have received but my gosh I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

We have our first house showing on Monday and our house ISN’T EVEN ON THE MARKET. But here’s the thing, God is big and when we pray for him to move, he moves. (And also, he blessed us with an amazing friend who is also our realtor who kicks butt and we trust beyond measure. That’s a huge bonus!). And when God moves he also prepares the team and army that we need to help us move into what he has for us. 

Right now he’s physically moving us to a different state. And without any great effort on our part, everything is falling into place. It’s magical. But most importantly, the people in our lives have been magical. 

So here’s my point - listen closely - if you don’t have the kind of people that respond to an SOS with willing, happy hearts and hands to be what you need, go be that for someone else. Because we all need that kind of open-handed-open-hearted community and it always begins with someone who stands up and says, I want that bad enough to be that.  

Cheers!
Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment